Saturday 4 April 2009

6 weeks/4 days in Cork

Well, it's now a week since I took Rosie to Birmingham Airport to see her off on her flight to Cork in Ireland, where she's doing her elective. This is the part of her medical training where she can go anywhere she likes in the world and do anything medicine related, so she chose to jet out to the Emerald Isle and deliver babies in a maternity hospital for 6 weeks. Yep... fun!

Anyway, she was really excited to be going and I think I'm getting a hint of that excitement too as I've not been to Ireland before either, and I'm looking forward to my trip out there to see her in a couple of weeks. I've recently been paid, so I've now booked my flights. Sadly for me this will involve a trip to Heathrow rather than the relative civility of Birmingham, as that was where the cheapest flight was from, but at least the flight won't be too long.

In the words of the Cranberries:

"Did ya' have to,
Did ya' have to,
Did ya' have to fly Aer Lingus..."


Well yes I did. It was either that or BMI baby from Manchester, or worse... Scum Airways, and I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with them!

Something else I will mention is that Rosie is writing her own blog of her own experiences whilst out there, so here's the web address:

http://www.6weeksincork.blogspot.com/

No comments: