Sunday 29 March 2009

Time zones

Ahh, once again it's that time of year when some helpful individual in the past decided that we should all move our clocks an hour forward... or is it back? I forget. Just like I always forget exactly which weekend it is.

This isn't helped by the way in which my growing older has coincided with the acquisition of more clocks. A clock in each room, a clock in my car, my watch, etc etc. I have to go around and change them all.

I just think this is really silly. It doesn't change the amount of daylight available, so if some proponent of daylight saving time is so keen on making use of the daylight in the early morning in the summer may I suggest they just get up earlier? Making the rest of us faff about with all of our time pieces twice a year is not helpful at all.

What would I like? I would like this country to choose which bloody timezone it wants to be in and stick to it.

Rant ends.

No comments: